
We went on our annual Disneyland trip...6th year in a row. This year we went with our good friends the Forsbergs. Russ and Jonathan's birthday's are only 1 day apart and since you get in free on your birthday we thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate!!
PS...Doesn't Jonathan look better than ever at 31!?? Happy birthday honey...from the Happiest Place on Earth!
Every year I worry that the magic will wear off-but it seems like it just gets better and better and funner (yes I'm aware that's not a word!) and funner!! This year was espeically fun because both Allyson and Isaac were tall enough to go on the "big" rides. Isaac just barely made the 40 inch mark and he was thrilled!! At one point we were getting on a ride and Isaac ran right up and stood at attention to be measured and the worker said, "Is this the little boy I've heard about who has the perfect stance?"...I'm pretty sure it was! Austin, well, he has a few more years and he was less than thrilled!! Our poor children have to wait an extra long time before they are tall enough-I'm just glad that 2 of them made the cut-off before they turned 16! Isaac went on every one of the big rides...multiple times...I worry a little bit that he truly doesn't have any fear. Ally was a little more timid and opted out of Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Tower of Terror. Speaking of the Tower of Terror, it was also my first year experiencing the ride. Jonathan took Isaac on it first and then I was foolishly talked into it by people who I thought loved me. I just kept telling myself that if I can send my 4 year old son on it...I should be able to go on it too. Well, lets just say that I still suffer from a sore throat from all of the screaming that took place and I am convinced that we've commited child abuse by sending Isaac on that HORRIBLE RIDE!! But other than that...it was a once again, an INCREDIBLE trip!! It was also a fun surprize when we found out that Jonathan's brother Jeremy and his wife Kelly and their 3 girls were also visiting Disneyland. It was so fun to see them and chat for a little while!!
I don't think I could ever get enough of Disneyland and we plan on going right back again next year :)!!



12 comments:
Ooh... I HATE Tower of Terror... when we were at Disneyland in December Scott paid me to go on it. I hadn't been since the Christmas after we got married and I foolishly thought that for $50 I wouldn't mind riding it again... I was very wrong. It'll take a lot more to get me on that ride again. Like diamonds or a new car! :D
Cute pictures!! How fun for Ally and Isaac to ride the big rides. We went with our friends who have an almost 3 year old who is 40 inches tall... she rode Splash Mountain and Soaring Over California. Poor Celia won't be tall enough for those rides for years.
Oh the Tower of Terror is a memory that will stay in mind for a long time! Thanks for the most hilarious ride I have ever been on. That ride will never be the same again!
what a nice break! Happy late Birthday jon! I was so glad you guys went and that your kids had a good time. I will talk to you soon....
Looks WAY fun!! You are never too old for the "Happiest Place on Earth!!!
YIPEE!! We have loved, loved, loved seeing the updates :) (it's funny how much more we miss you guys without lots of blog updates - although I understand how busy life gets - I'm behind on several posts) Anyway, we're so glad you had such a wonderful trip, etc and we look forward to our turn to party with your fun family! Love you all!!
Yeah! I am glad you are back in the blogging world. It looks like you had a fun couple months! How fun to able to go to DisneyLand. We really need to take my kids. We are hoping for next year! I sent you an invite for my blog, but I might have the wrong address, because you haven't accepted.(or maybe you don't want to look at our blog:))Send me your e-mail address. jjmmerickson at yahoo dot com
SUch fun!! I'm sorry we missed you guys by a day. (Although you wouldn't have wanted to bea round us sickies anyhow.) I hear ya about Tower of Terror. I used the excuse that I was feeling a little nauseas (and I was) so I didn't go (but really I was just too chicken). We sent poor little Halle on it and she came out whiter than a ghost. And how did you luck out and meet Cinderella? We wanted to see her really bad, but never found her.
Wow that is a lot of updating. I swear the last time I was on you had a christmas post. Looks like you guys had so much fun at disneyland. I am so jealous. We almost went there instead of arizona, but we didn't have quite enough time. We are going in the fall and I can't wait. I on the other hand absolutley love the tower of terror. That is like my favorite ride. We took Logan on that when he was three and a half. People couldn't believe he was going on it. He didn't love it the first time but has been on it since and likes it now.
It was good to see ya
Loved this post! Looks like you all had so much fun and I'm so glad that Ally and Isaac got to go on all the rides now!! I agree it's child/adult abuse to go on Tower of Terror...that is seriously such a horrible ride!! :o) I'm impressed you tried it, though!
We'll have to all go together one of these years...I think we're just obsessed with the place as you guys! I agree- funner every year! I can't wait till I have kids to share the fun with!
It looks like your Disney vacation was so fun. I am sure we will be seeing alot of Disneyland now that we are only going to be 45 min. away from it.
I love the picture with you and the Bingham's. I can't believe all the kids in the picture.:) It just looks like there is so many kids. I was telling Brett that between you two there are eight kids. He reminded me that we are going to be having 4 kids soon as well. I have to be honest that makes me a little nervous. I hope I can handle it as well as you do. Loves
Isaac,
Thanks for telling me about these pictures! I love Disneyland! Looks like you had lots of fun!
Miss Amber
This is the happiest place on earth. Looks like you had a great time. I love Disneyland. We try to go every year too. We went with my whole family in January and had a blast.
Shell
Post a Comment