Monday, March 16, 2009

And the Beach....


When I posted about Disneyland I forgot to post about the trip we also took to the beach...it was soooo beautiful!! It's always nice to have at least one day of unwinding after a busy Disneyland trip, and Laguna Beach was just the place to do that. We had never been to Laguna Beach before and we were so impressed! Our hotel was so cute and quaint...and just a quick walk to the beach. I think there was maybe only 4 other people at the beach the entire time we were there so we felt like we were on an isolated beach. We looked out and saw some kayaks (or something like that) and noticed they were right over a school of dolphins...it was so amazing! Our kids had so much fun running in the waves (you'd never know that the water was ICE cold!!) and playing on the rocks looking at sea anemones...they could have stayed there forever. We had to finally pry them away at near dark. One of the best parts was our adjoining rooms with the Forsbergs and putting the kids to bed while we stayed up late chatting and laughing for hours. It was a perfect vacation!

The mom and dad.


These 4 are SO much fun everywhere we go!!


Isaac was NUTSO running in the freezing water! You can tell by the look on his face...he's having the time of his life!


A football is all Austin needs to have a total blast! He also loved finding seaweed on the sand.


Ally loved climbing all over looking for anemones and trying to find pearls...at no luck.


And this little babe didn't love getting sand all over her...but was perfectly content to be held by her mom and dad!

8 comments:

clintandmicah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clintandmicah said...

Sorry...typo. I am SO jealous! I love Cali and my fam takes several trips each year to Newport or Palm Springs. We didn't get to go last year:( Hopefully this year we will make it. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Mama J said...

Such a cute fam! I cant believe how big the kiddo's are and that BABY is SO CUTE! Gorgeous Eyes!

Odelsa said...

So glad you posted these. I love the beach and there is something so addicting and serene about the ocean. You guys look great!

Brett & Sue said...

Glad to see you got to see the ocean. The beach looks so fun. We look out our windows at the North Sea. We love to see the tide come in and then out again. We don't have any swimmers, the water is very cold.

Katie and Howard said...

You have the cutest family!! :) Looks like EVERYONE had a wonderful time at the beach!

The Manwarings said...

Oh, I love that cute little chubby baby. She is such a doll. Your kids look like they had such a fun time.

hdawgy said...

What a fun trip! That's so cool that you have gone 6 years in a row! Disneyland is so much fun and the beach is gorgeous too! I love all the pics and Isabell is getting so big! She is gorgeous!