


The other night Ally let me put her hair in sponge curlers...I'm sure you all remember the ones our moms would put in our hair. My friend Laura and another friend Katie always put their little girl's hair in them and they always look soooo cute! It's taken me a LONG time to convince Ally that we should do it. We got onto Laura's blog so that I could show her what the final product looked like and she agreed. She was so anxious for the morning to come and see what her hair looked like. Right when she woke up we raced to the bathroom and started taking out the curlers. That is when the tears came. She did not realize that it was going to make her hair so short. She was trying so hard not to cry since she knew I loved it, but she just couldn't help it. We got her hair all done up cute and she felt a lot better about it-I LOVED, LOVED it!! I thought it was a success but when she got home she informed me that she didn't want curlers in her hair ever again!-we'll see about that. She is so funny about stuff like that. Here are some pictures-she wouldn't let me take any pictures until I promised her that she didn't look like she had been crying :). I think she looks darling regardless of what she thinks!! Thanks Laura for all the tips!!

17 comments:
I remember the sponge curlers, my mom used to do it to my hair all the time. It was so uncomfortable to sleep on but the end result so cute. Ally is darling!!
oh yes, we did those every saturday night. loved them! ally looks adorable...and what a good sport.
she looks so cute!!! Reeslyn's hair is too short for them now :(
Oh my goodness... the memories.. the nightmares!! :)
She looks absolutely "Shirley Temple-y" CUTE!!
it looks just like magei's!! ally is SOOOOOO cute with that curly hair!! i hope she lets you do it agian...love it!
Tell Ally that I thought she looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
She might not like it but she looks so cute and her hair is so bouncy and adorable.
She is just such a beautiful girl, straight or with curls she is just Darling!
She looks so cute!! Ellie loves doing curlers, but when we tried it on Anna, she looked like little orphan Annie when we took them out. She bawled just like Ally, only hers didn't look as cute.
I love it! She looks so darn adorbale. What a darling little girl and how sweet that she tried to not cry for you. I loved sponge curlers and someday when Lily lets me do girly things to her I am totally trying them. Super cute!
What a total girl! Hilarious that she didn't want her picture taken until it looked like she hadn't cried. She is such a cutie-pie. You're gonna be in trouble when she gets older! :)
I love it. If only she knew how cute she looks with the curls.
SUPER CUTE...I hope Ally reads these and sees how adorable she is!!! I still put my hair in sponge curlers...jk, but I was obessed with them! Cami
We tracked you down! Love the blog and the kids are always so cute. My sister and I also had rollers every Saturday night, but afterwards we would head to Denney's as a family for dinner! Trauma on little girls? Ally looks adorable no matter what! Haley always loved to jump with her bouncey curls in front of the mirror. Love girls!!!
Allyson you look very beautiful. I absoultly love it. I can remember wearing these at night and was so anxious for the next morning to see how my hair would look. I bet she will like it more the next time now that she knows what is really going to happen. I need to get kate is some of these:).
I think she looks so cute! I tried doing sponge curlers on Kailyn's hair once and it did not turn out. Half had fallen out during the night and the other half had partially fallen out which resulted in very crazy curls and thus crazy hair.
Ally looks so cute! Mallory thinks she wants to do her hair in sponge curlers now!
My mom tried to get me to wear those curlers until I was a Senior in high school- I hated sleeping in them! Ally's hair looks super cute though- what a good sport.
Ally is such a doll! Gracie was hugging a stuffed anilmal today and chanting, "I miss Ally!" Dramatic, I know, but we all had a great time having you here!Maybe after Gracie sees Ally's hair she'll let me try it.
Post a Comment