OK, I have been so out of blogging for a while...I don't even know where to start! So just get ready, I don't really have a plan of how I'm going to get everything on here!
Since it was Ally's spring break I really wanted to do SOMETHING fun with the kids since it will be kind-of the last hoorah before the baby comes. Both Ally and Isaac talk always talk about Idaho and seeing their cousins...so I thought it would be so much fun if we could take a quick trip for a few days. The problem....well, I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and Jonathan is currently in his WORST (as far as hours go) month of the entire 3 years of residency AND it takes 14 hours by car to get there! So NOT an easy task to say the least. On top of all of that, I'm a bit of a "weather snob" and when it had been in the 80's here and I looked on line to find out that the high was 35!!-well, it was almost too much. So after about 10 failed plans of how to get the kids and I to Idaho, about a week before we left a plan fell perfectly into place-well, almost. Jonathan found out that by some miracle he didn't have to work the Saturday we were going to leave so he decided he would drive us to Salt Lake and then fly out that night so he could be back to work at 6 am the next morning! My very nice mother bought him a one way ticket back to AZ-which was so very nice of her!! We then found out that Jonathan's sister Betsy and her girls wanted to come to Arizona the same weekend we would be heading back-so we could just caravan! How perfect is that!? The only thing that just about stopped it all in it's tracks was the fact that Jonathan tore his ACL in a brutal game of church basketball-the night before we were to leave! But he insisted that we should still carry on with the plan. We decided to actually leave on Friday night and try to drive through the night to Utah. It would have been a good idea except that Jonathan forgot the tranquilizers for me and Ally-we were wrecks!! Needless to say, we only made it 5 hours and ended up staying in a hotel. The rest of the trip was GRAND and we made it to my sister Ashley's house in Ogden in time for Jonathan to watch the BYU basketball game. I drove Jonathan to the airport that night-through a snow storm I might add!! and the plan went off without a hitch! We spent a few days in Ogden with Ash for a few nights then on to Idaho Falls to stay with Josh and Joni for another few and then it was back to sunny AZ. We had the best time! I of course didn't take nearly enough pictures of all the fun we had, but I'll try to post as much as I can! It's been fun reading up on what everyone else has been doing to past few weeks-it's amazing how out of touch I felt not blogging!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Such Fun. I am dying to take a trip - but I too am a weather snob and can't take much more of this cold. So I am insisting on going somewhere very very warm! Anyhow, I am glad you had fun.
you really did fit a lot of fun into a short amount of time. how nice of jonathan to drive you to SLC. sounds like it worked out perfectly (gotta love when that happens). so sorry to hear about his leg...NO FUN! does he have to have surgery?
Post a Comment