Thursday, November 13, 2008

Couple of proud and relieved parents!

I haven't blogged in so long...I don't even have a good excuse!! I thought I'd just give a quick update on Isaac's surgery. He did it!! We had been talking about him having it for a while and told him that he could pick out a new toy afterwards. He never once showed any signs of being scared or worried at all. Then the morning of his surgery as I was getting him ready we were just talking about a few things and he all of a sudden stopped and looked up at me. "Mom, is this going to hurt?", I felt terrible when I had to tell him that it might a little. He just hugged me and sobbed a little, and then said he was ready to go. Jonathan took him while I stayed home with the other 2. I had told the surgeon that I wanted to see if he could do it without being put completely under...he said he would try and see how things went. I was not surprized at all that Isaac sat there as calm as ever and did it all with only local anesthesia!! Jonathan said that they took him back all by himself while Jonathan waited. He heard him cry only one short time when they gave him the shot, then a nurse came right out and said that he was just fine and not crying at all but instead talking about being a Ninja Turtle for Halloween. In about 5 minutes they brought him out to his dad with a mouth full of gauze. "He was by far the best child patient we've ever had, and better than most adults!" were the words they used! No tears and as much of a smile as he could muster with a numb mouth stuffed full! When he got home to me his eyes were beaming..he could not have been prouder of himself..and neither could we! The best part was that they only had to remove the one extra tooth and he was able to keep his two front teeth! Although they are still gapped, I am thrilled he still has them. After he got home we went and got yummy smoothies and picked out a toy...Ninja Turtles to be exact!

7 comments:

Steph and Keith said...

Way to go Isaac! Our Tanner needs 2-4 teeth pulled in the near future. We'll see if he can do as well as Isaac!

marian said...

High Fives for Isaac! You are a brave mommy Rachel

Sarah M Eden said...

Good job, Isaac! What a brave kid!

Diana said...

Isaac was so proud and showed me when I was helping him get out of the car last Wed. He looks great! Gaps are great! They leave lots of room for the big teeth to come in.

russandkatie said...

Yeah for Isaac!!!

Brett & Sue said...

We are so glad the surgery is over for you Isaac. You are a boy with lots of faith.....

Josh & Joni said...

We're glad it went so well :) Good job Isaac!