Saturday, October 6, 2007

Living with Angels

OK, I'm not trying to overly brag about how wonderful my kids are...but they are so, so sweet and I can't help it. Ever since we've told them that we would be having another baby they have been extra helpful and understanding of me being sick. Now that Ally is in school all day, Isaac has really turned into a "big boy". All day he plays with his little brother and is so sweet to him. He finds games that he knows Austin will love and doesn't seem to care as much when Austin ruins his forts or towers. He is so patient with me and always cleans up right when I ask-even if it is not his mess. It just seems like all the sudden one day he woke up and decided that he was going to grow up! He is so very sweet!


We have been known to refer to Ally as our perfect child. It just seems like she has always had a desire to do exactly what is right, and loves doing it. Now, that being said, she does get insanely upset over hair and clothes. But really, truly other than that-I'm not sure she does anything wrong. She is such a natural little mother. The minute she gets home from school she opens her lunchbox and gives her brothers anything leftover from her lunch-they LOVE this! She is also so eager to help me. Honestly ANYTHING I ask her to do, she does. It doesn't matter if she is in the middle of playing barbies or drawing a picture, she always just goes right away. The other day as I was so pitifully laying on the couch being sick, Ally came and said, "Mom, I have a surprise for you that you are really going to love." I didn't want to get up, but I closed my eyes and let her lead me to the "surprise". When we got to the bathroom I opened my eyes and saw that she had cleaned the whole thing for me. She was so proud of herself and of course I broke down crying "happy tears" (as Ally calls them). She so special!

So as you can see I am very fortunate to be living with real life angels. And for this reason, in the mist of being sick-I am so grateful to be having another one!!!

11 comments:

russandkatie said...

Everybody is entitled to brag about their kids every once in a while :) Today is not my day though, Reeslyn didn't get enough sleep lastnight, enough said!

I love all of your kids! They are so sweet!

emily, etc, etc said...

I am not a big cryer, but I have to tell you that reading about how sweet and cute Ally is made me cry. What a tender little girl. You can brag all you want, especially when they deserve it. I hope you told her that she is famous now and the whole world will know how great she is.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Rachel - I love to hear when things are going so well is people's lives...I think you should always share success/happiness and dwell on things that are really what life is all about! Just how we sometimes vent about challenges, we should vent or maybe even shout about the goodness of it all! Hang in there...I hope your sickness passes sooner than later! Luv Cami

Nicholas and Ashley said...

That is so sweet of Ally, it made me cry reading it. We sure love them. Hope you can get feeling better.

Laura said...

Rach, your blog is adorable! I will be back often to keep up on you and your sweet kids. Congrats on the new one coming along. May will be here before you know it...what a perfect month to have a baby! - Laura Butler-Farley

The Manwarings said...

I remember when I had Ellie, Anna told me that I would be so glad that I had a daughter first. Now, I understand why. Sounds like Ally has proved that for you, too.

Elena said...

Yes, those little daughters can be such helps for us moms! I am glad you got such little sweeties. That's what makes us keep wanting more. :)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that Heavenly Father sent you angels. I am sure he knows you could use a little break when you are so sick. I hope you feel better soon. I am such part of the reason your children are so good is because they are blessed to have such a wonderful caring mother. Talk to you soon. Kami

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that Heavenly Father sent you angels. I am sure he knows you could use a little break when you are so sick. I hope you feel better soon. I am such part of the reason your children are so good is because they are blessed to have such a wonderful caring mother. Talk to you soon. Kami

Leslie and Dave said...

You have to give credit to the parents! Great job raising such wonderful kids.

The Mathews Family said...

Well that makes being morning sick just a little bit easier when it helps you realize how great your kids are - BONUS! ;) Hope the m/s lets up really soon!