Friday, August 31, 2007

Serenity Now!


This sweet little 3 year old is one ball of energy. He plays so incredibly hard, and crashes just as hard. He is ready to go to bed at 5pm every day, luckily on most days we can hold him out until 7. "Patrick" is the dinosaur that he sleeps with and LOVES! He named him after his uncle Nicholas's horse. He got him at Build-A-Bear as an attempt to bribe him into staying all night in his own bed-thank goodness it did work! At the end of the day after picking up dinosaurs, remaking beds (over and over), having to send him to the "step" for time-out, drawing pirate ships, making a million snacks (he eats SO much), and doing "fun-stuff" (his own words)-I find no greater happiness than to watch him sleeping peacefully in his OWN bed. I can't help but sneak in at least twice to kiss his cute little face.

7 comments:

becky ward said...

So tender!

Nicole said...

You two seriously have the most gorgeous kids! You are definitely blessed! Rachel~ I just wanted to tell you that if you ever need anything, Brent and I are here to help! I can't even imagine how hard it is for you and the kids to have Jon away at work doing such long hours. You are an amazing lady, though, and it is so honorable that you are taking the time and energy to invest so much into your children's lives! I respect stay at home moms more than any "career woman" out there, and being that kind of mom is my ultimate goal in life (I just can't wait to be done with this residency business!). I really respect you and hope I can be the kind of mother someday that you are now! You're a great example!

~Nicole :o)

Nicole said...

Thanks for the nice note on our blog! Brent and I are so glad that we know the two of you, too!

I have surgery with a REALLY nice lady this month, and I've heard it's not too hectic (compared with Dr. M that Jon was just with). So hopefully I won't be talking to attendings in my sleep...but I wouldn't count on it :o) I'm such a nerd!

I feel so bad for Jon and Jeremy having to do OB this month, but I have a feeling that it won't be such a shock to them since they've already got a month of internship under their belts! I think it was so stressful for me just because I was trying to figure out how to be an intern on top of trying to figure out a different hospital and how to deliver a baby! But to be honest, doing deliveries was SO rewarding and so much fun after I got the hang of it! There is nothing like seeing a baby take its first breath and open its eyes for the first time...and then to see the new parents get a look at their new child for the first time! It's priceless and I'm sure Jon will love that part of it at least!

russandkatie said...

too cute!

Elena said...

We SOOOOO badly need a Patrick at our house!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that Austin likes to wear headbands. They look "cute" on him. I love the picture of Isaac sleeping. I love to watch my kids sleeping. They looks so peaceful and calm. I also loved loved your pictures of your trip. You look so beautiful and tan. It looks like you two are newlyweds. You still looks so in love. How great! Kami

Matt & Ali said...

Your kids are so cute! Isaac was very entertaining in the pool and an amazing little swimmer! It was fun to come meet you. I will let you know next time i come down to do hair. Im sorry i couldn't this time. With the last minute trip to Disneyland things were a little too crazy to do much hair.