Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Nighttime Cruiser


Austin seriously cracks me up all day-I think this age is hilarious! He's finally figured out how to get out of his crib-I'm just glad it took him as long as it did!! At first it wasn't really a big deal, but lately when it's bedtime he gets out all the time! Even as I'm writing this post, I've already had to put him back to bed twice!! And every time he gets in a little more trouble. But for some reason every time he gets out he thinks that if he just acts like nothing is wrong that I'm not going to notice. Sometimes he comes out wearing sunglasses or like just now he had put his shoes on and was just cruising around without a worry in the world. He doesn't even really try to hide it-he'll just try to walk right pass me without even a smirk. Every time I put him back in bed and have to get after him I have to go in the other room and laugh a little. Usually the past few nights or so have ended with him screaming in his crib until he finally gives up and goes to sleep (it's like he's a tiny baby again!). However last night this is how I found him in my bed when Jonathan and I finally went to bed. It was so, so precious!! I love watching my kids sleep and even more, I love it when they are snuggled up next to me sleeping-so it was really hard for me to put this little guy back in his own bed! What a funny little boy he is!

17 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Our Katherine was always that way, we'd find her all over the house in the morning. She is the reason we had to install extra locks on the tops of any doors leading outside so she couldn't get out. And, hate to break the news to you, she still does that. Hope your little guy outgrows it!
Sarah Eden

becky ward said...

that is a fun age. i love how he acts like it's okay. owen usually just cracks his door open and will stand there...not daring to come out. little boys are so funny! what a cutie!

Laura said...

little stinker! sam just figured out how to open doors this week, so he's been letting himself out of his bedroom in the morning when he wakes up...fine during the week, not so much on a weekend!

Elena said...

So cute, nothing is cuter than a sleeping kid! Kate's latest thing is that she wants to read books. So we leave the light on for her to read books and then she'll just fall asleep, book in hand. It's precious.

russandkatie said...

I can just picture him coming out all casual like nothing is wrong with it, "what who me???". He is so cute!!!

Jess said...

OK he is so cute and funny. I can just picture his little face when he gets out of bed. I cannot think of anything sweeter than little kids sleeping. i remember when Isaac found out how to get out of the crib, but if I remember correctly he ended up sleeping on the floor. Cute kids!

Josh & Joni said...

That is so funny! I find it amazing that bedtime can take hours :) These are precious times!

Brett & Sue said...

He reminds me alot of Jason, when he was that age. Josh would go right off to sleep, but Jason had to always see what he might be missing!! Austin looks so peaceful and innocent asleep. So sweet!

Steve & Monicka said...

That kid is so sweet!!! It is so funny some times he would just walk passed!!!

Odelsa said...

I have one of those. He keeps getting up every single night time and time again. Last night we could not help the cuteness and he came to bed to cuddle. So sweet. Enjoy him.

Nicholas and Ashley said...

That is a funny little boy. i can tottaly see him walking by in big shoes just like there is nothing wrong. I bet you had to take a double take the first time you saw him out of the crib and you were not the one that got him out.

JandK Manwaring Family said...

He looks so sweet. I love all your pictures on your blog. Your kids are so cute!! It's fun to see what you've been up to. We missed you on the 4th of July, but are excited to see you soon!

Leslie and Dave said...

Thanks for getting me motivated to sign into facebook. But for the life of me I could not find Jane Black.

Anonymous said...

We missed you on our girls trip, but hopefully one of these years you'll be able to join us. I love the story about Austin putting on the glass and all. Kids pull out all the tricks at night. Loves

Browning Buzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Browning Buzz said...

Rachel,

Thanks for adding me to your blog! I will not be working next year. Even though I will miss teaching, I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my little boy and his future siblings.

Adie:)

Claire said...

Thanks for changing us on your blog links!!

Austin is such a cutie! We just started letting Cecelia sleep in her big girl bed... we'll see if she turns into a night time cruiser.