Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hey Dad Look! It's a real PIRATE!!



We were in Target today in the checkout when Isaac says, "Hey Dad, look! It's a real pirate!". Of course it was in a very loud voice and his finger pointed high in the air. When we looked at what he was pointing at...we saw a man who looked similar to this! I guess to a 4 yr. old a "durag" (yes, I looked up the spelling) looks an awful lot like a pirate bandanna. Luckily the man had a kid of his own that he was too busy attending to and didn't notice ours! Apparently Isaac just noticed that we live in Phoenix where "pirates" like those are a dime a dozen.

8 comments:

Odelsa said...

Bayden did the same thing about a guy who was wearing an eye patch, this guy had surgery. The guy heard Bayden and just ignored us, thank goodness.

Those durag crap are the worst things I have ever seen. IN NYC all my classmates wore them...I hated them and still do. They have become quite the "fashion statement" yuck!!!!!!

Elena said...

SOOOO funny! Those kids will keep you humble won't they?!

emily, etc, etc said...

I wish I could just record my laugher and let you hear it. That is soooo funny!!!!

Adam Jensen said...

i love kids! that is stinking hilarious.

Damien and Ashley said...

that is so funny! I love when your kids say embarassing things like that.....we've had our share of those kind of comments, followed by a lengthy letcure in the car afterwards about "well, honesty is not always the best policy..." or something similiar! It's a whole lot funnier when it happens to someone else!!!

Brett & Sue said...

This is a "crack-up!"

Jake and Megan said...

That is so cute and funny! It is always alot funnier when it is not your kid! Mallory keeps asking people if they are having a baby. I about died when she asked an older lady at the library the other day. She just wants everyone to have babies, because she loves them so much. It is a daily question for me. She come to my stomach and says mom your stomach is big are you having a baby? I keep having to tell her--McKenna is still our baby for now! Your kids are so cute! Isabel is getting so big!

Marilyn J said...

That Pirate story makes me laugh. I love little kids, they have no clue.

Marilyn