Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun




The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite times of year..I LOVE it!! For both Jonathan's and my families-it's some of our favorite childhood memories. It's also the day that I knew I was going to marry Jonathan when we watched fireworks together for the first time. I love having a day that we celebrate our independence and able to reflect on how blessed we are to live in this country! It's also the one time of year I LOVE being in Idaho! But of course now that we're in residency-that can't happen. So we decided to try and make the best of it and have as much fun as we could in 112 degree weather, no parades and no lighting our own fireworks! Jonathan got off early on the 3rd and had the 4th completely off, so we decided to stay at an awesome resort only about 10 minutes from our house. We were so glad that my sister Jess, her husband Brad and baby Tanner came with us. We had so much fun swimming all night and all day, eating yummy poolside food and sleeping in a hotel! It was hot, but we were able to stay a little bit cooler by being in the pool. Uncle Brad brought his underwater camera and we even got video of Isabel going under-and she didn't even cry! After we were done swimming we all got ready and went to a Diamondbacks baseball game. It was so much fun! You can't get much more "All-American" than watching a baseball game on the 4th of July. Austin kept saying that he didn't want to watch...he wanted to play-it was so cute. The best part of the game (for me at least) was when it ended they retracted to roof of the ballpark and had an amazing firework show-it was seriously AWESOME! We really all had the best time-what a great 4th of July! We had such a fun vacation-and we only had to go 10 minutes away!!




14 comments:

Josh & Joni said...

Sounds like a way fun 4th!!

russandkatie said...

I can't believe how chubby she is getting! How cute! I am so jealous, 4th of July has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday until I moved to Arizona. I think we are going to have to steal your idea for next year. I spent the day wishing we were in Utah with the freedom festival, hot air balloons, parades and fire works!!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Katie-Had you not been on a CRUISE--we would have made you guys come with us this year!!!

Odelsa said...

I can't believe you put Isabel under, She is so cute and that little swimsuit is adorable. You guys are a very goodlooking bunch!

Nichole said...

what great fourth pictures. cute little tan arizona kids!

The French Family said...

Looks like you had a great time and even though you didn't travel very far, it's always nice to get away and stay at a hotel - Spencer and I love to do that too! There's just something so fun about it!

emily, etc, etc said...

Such cute pictures! It sounds like you had a fun weekend - I am glad Jonathan was able to spend it with you all. Isabel is getting so cute and chunky - I love it!

Brett & Sue said...

We missed the 4th of July,too, here in Scotland!!! You're idea was great....at least you got to see some great fireworks after the Diamonds game....The photos are great....We loved seeing all of you...See you on the 4th in 2009!!

Jess said...

Even though it wasn't Idaho, we had so much fun as well. Thanks for everything; we loved spending the 4th with you and it made a great memory....

Elena said...

No wonder your kids are such great swimmers. You start them out from birth! There really is no place like Idaho for the 4th is there? But it sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed yourselves still the same. We missed seeing you though.

Laura said...

very cute! you guys are so tan!! you look great!

The Manwarings said...

What a fun holiday! I love the picture of little Isabel in just her diaper! What a doll!!

Odelsa said...

We would love love love to come to Arizona. Kyle has an extra week of vacation that he has not used. Work is crazy! As soon as we get a break that's our next trip! We will talk when you guys come in August. So excited!!!!!!!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Rachel I cannot believe that Isabel got dunked!!! Did she ever even cry? What a nice little girl. What a fun 4th of July, we missed you guys.