Monday, May 5, 2008

What do you do with a scurvy pirate?





The day of Isaac's birthday party finally arrived!! He has been waiting for this day since the day after his party last year! This year he had a "Pirate" party and just couldn't have been more excited. Definitely one of the biggest highlights was that his cousin/best friend Jaden came all the way from Idaho to come for the event (Jaden also brought his mom, dad and 2 sisters with him!). It's so funny because about 6 months ago Isaac would always ask if Jaden could come to his party when he turned 4. I, of course, never in a million years thought it could happen and so I tried to prepare him so that his heart wasn't broken. Imagine all our surprise when we found out that he would be here! I think Isaac must have jumped up and down 200 times when we told him! Thanks Josh and Joni for making it so memorable! The party was so cute and so much fun-he has such a cute little group of friends! There was hats, hooks, patches, mustaches, walking the plank, cannon balls, pin the patch on the pirate, "lunch of the sea", a treasure hunt, a pinata, a pirate ship cake and lots of presents (thanks Elena for all the ideas)!! He'll have his "real" birthday tomorrow-I can't believe he is really going to be 4!!

12 comments:

Brett & Sue said...

Happy birthday! Ziggy!
what a fun, fun, party. We love and miss you.

Elena said...

YAY! i've been waiting and waiting to see these pictures. Looks like it was GREAT! And you even found black cannon balls. Sounds like it was extra fun, and he makes a very cute pirate.

Jake and Megan said...

Rachel-I really think you need to be a party planner. You have the greatest birthday parties! How fun to have Josh and Joni come for the party. It is so much fun to have cousins as your best friends. My cousins are still some of my greatest friends :)

The French Family said...

Cute little pirate you have! Gald to see all are doing well.

Odelsa said...

Did you make him walk the plank?
Very cute pictures and your party looked so fun!!!!
And happy birthday to you my dear Rachel, hope your day was lovely and we are here waiting patiently for that sweet little girl.

becky ward said...

the cutest pirate EVER! happy birthday isaac!

ps i am with brett&sue. let's see your birthday pictures.

JandK Manwaring Family said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac!! Extra cute party. I hope my kids don't see your parties and get crazy ideas that I could do such cute ones :)! We can't wait for the baby. I have the song "The Final Countdown" running through my head right now.

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Fun Fun Party!! Lots of good ideas. I am glad his best friend got to come!! Happy birthday Issac Man. We will always be thinking of him on this day!!

russandkatie said...

Reeslyn had so much fun, she is still thinking of new things to tell me about it, oh ya mommy and we got to...

thanks for always having the best parties ever :)

Nichole said...

theme parties are the best!

Josh & Joni said...

Thanks so much for letting us join in on the fun!! What an awesome pirate party - I know it will be a great memory for our sweet boys :) We are so blessed to have such great cousins for our kids to grow up with!! We're glad we got to spend some time with you. We look forward to the next special occassion and can't wait to meet the newest cousin. Love you guys!!

becky ward said...

i just heard your exciting news at family home evening tonight! so glad she is here. congratulations!