Every year we make gingerbread houses. While I am neither patient or talented enough to make them cute enough to want to display them for a long time, we started a new tradition with them this year. Since I knew that I didn't want them around the house for a long time, we decided to do them late in the season. We had such a fun time making them-with a lot of snacking of course! After we were done and I was trying to think of some place they could sit for the next few days, one of the kids came up with the brilliant idea of eating them right away. Jonathan and I both looked at each other with the exact same thought in mind when they asked if they could-GREAT IDEA!! So about 1 minute after they were complete, they were being destroyed-happily. We definitely will continue this tradition in the years to come!!


3 comments:
How Fun!!!! They will be ready and wired for Christmas.
Isaac cracks me up!! Who wants to eat the nasty old hard house? Only a boy would go for that over the candy. They all turned out great and good idea so you don't have to protect them all season long.
I totally agree, what good is a gingerbread house if you can't eat it!!!
Post a Comment