Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is she for real??


If you are not in the mood for a mother bragging about one of her children...you probably shouldn't read this post-I might just go on and on and on!

This is Allyson's 1st grade picture-is it not precious! I find myself staring at it a lot in complete awe that she is really in the first grade!! And I have to say that she is one incredible child-as I'm sure all parents think theirs are! I can't begin to explain how blessed we ALL feel that she is in our family...for SO many reasons! Sometimes I feel like she is the glue that holds us all together so tightly. She completely adores her parents and is so sweet in that she always wants to do what is right and wants us to be happy more than anything. She hangs on every word that comes out of our mouths and so willingly follows our direction (boy oh boy I hope we lead her in the right direction!). I love watching how much her 2 little brothers completely adore her and are following right in her sweet, sensitive footsteps. She organizes the BEST games for them and is constantly teaching them the ways that only a big "first grader" can. They LOVE her and always want to be right with her. Sometimes when Austin is sad and I can't help him for whatever reason, he is perfectly happy with his sister holding him tight. Isaac can't make, draw or do anything without sharing it with Ally first. Before he even wants to show his dad or me, it's Ally he calls. The look on his face when Ally laughs at one of his jokes or praises something he's done is just...well, beyond! She is perfectly happy to pack Isabel around wherever she goes and loves to just have her right next to her while she's playing. Isabel kicks her legs and flaps her arms whenever Ally looks at her or talks to her-it's perfect!
We just had her first parent-teacher conference this year. To no surprise her teacher was full of praise. The comment that made me the happiest was, "Ally is just so kind..to EVERYONE! Everyone always wants to be around her and wants to work with her. All the kids fight over who gets to be Ally's partner and I have to remind them that everyone will get a turn!". I'm not sure I could be MORE proud! We were so nervous sending her to a new school knowing that she is a little more quiet and soft spoken and might not make friends easily. I am happy that I don't worry anymore. I think that if I could hand pick one quality for her to posses it would be kindness-and I can honestly say, I think she's mastered it!

6 comments:

Brett & Sue said...

What a cute 1st grade picture. Your hair is beautiful. If you get time, we would love a small picture,to put in our grandchildren collection. Love and hugs, from Scotland

Elena said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and is such a sweet girl. What a great 1st grade picture!

Jess said...

I agree and i am not even her mother. I am constantly bragging to everyone about her because she really is perfect. We love that little ally cat!

JandK Manwaring Family said...

Ally is so beautiful and kind too. Gracie and Lucy mention her a lot even though we don't see her much.
We are proud of her too!

russandkatie said...

that almost made me cry! Ally is ALWAYS a delight to have at my house and Reeslyn ABSOLUTELY adores her as well!!!

Odelsa said...

She is still the most beautiful girl I know!