Tuesday, September 2, 2008

She did it, she really did it!!

Ally got her ears pierced!!! We can't believe she really did it! For about 2 years she has been wanting to get her ears pierced, but just couldn't stand the thought of being in pain. Every time we went to the mall I would ask her if she wanted to get it done-and the answer was always a definite "NO"! About a month ago she was in serious termoil about getting them done. She started sobbing about how much she wanted them pierced, but was so scared about how badly it would hurt. She kept asking me why I didn't just get them pierced when she was a baby. At that point I decided to tell her that I decided that she couldn't get them pierced until she was 8 years old so that she didn't have to worry about it any longer-all along knowing that that would make her just want to do it. I hadn't heard anything from her about getting them pierced until yesterday and she asked if we could go to the mall because she was ready to get it done. I told her that I thought she should wait (still knowing that I was fueling the fire) but that I would think about it. Then came the begging...ALL MORNING LONG!! We told her that we could go to the mall, but that we weren't necessarily going to get her ears pierced-of course we knew we were, we just had to play the game a little bit to make sure she would go through with it. She continued to ask, and ask, and ask-just fine with us! Finally I told her that I would let her do it if she promised not to change her mind once we were there...she agreed. So we got to the store and I could see it in her face that she really DID NOT want to go through with it anymore. But she knew that she couldn't chicken out and she tried to swallow her tears as much as possible. We were able to have them do both ears simultaneously-which was so nice..1-2-3 and she was all done! There were a few tears-but very quickly the excitement took over completely!! We were so proud of her that she went through with it even though she knew it would hurt. The magic of it all still has not worn off even today. Literally about every 5 minutes she tells us how excited she is to have her ears finally pierced and how cute she thinks they look! It is a pretty big deal around our house!!! Now we just have to wait for 6 weeks until we can get the cute little ladybug earrings that she can't wait to wear!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was possible for her to get more beautiful, well, I was wrong. GORGEOUS! Congrats on being so brave, I was quite a bit older (10yrs old) when I got mine done, I even cried. Good job!

Jess said...

Her face in the first picture breaks my heart, but I am so proud of her. She is so brave and I am sure she looks even more adorable, if that is even possible.

russandkatie said...

So does this mean Isabel is next??? I can't believe she went through with it, Reeslyn is going to be so excited!!!

Claire said...

So cute!!! Yay Ally!!! I swore up and down I would do Cecelia's as soon as she was old enough... then I chickened out. Maybe one day I'll actually get them done.

Elena said...

Oh so fun!! Our Alyssa was the same way. So scared and then one day said she'd do it. So I scooped her up and ran her to the store. Halle would do it tomorrow if we'd let her (we do have to wait until we're 8 here). I think it's going to be a LONG wait for poor little Kate. She loves earrings. Congrats to Ally, what a big girl she is. She looks so pretty in her new earrings!

Odelsa said...

I almost cried looking at this picture! But yes Ally your earings look wonderful! I just think you are beautiful!

I want a girl, Rachel what is your secret or Jon's for such wonderfully sweet babes you have at home? I love them.

Damien and Ashley said...

She's so brave! I had the exact same dilemma as Ally-but I happened to be 22, not 6! (yes, I was a chicken)I'm glad she got them pierced, she's so beautiful!

Brett & Sue said...

Allyson Manwaring...Now you can wear little cute earrings.!!! We can't believe it!!! You will probably get tons of earrings now!!! It is kinda scary!!!

becky ward said...

oh, that picture is so adorable. she is trying to be SO BRAVE! getting your ears pierced is really exiciting!

way to be brave ally! you look beautiful!

JandK Manwaring Family said...

Great job, Ally! You look so pretty!

becky ward said...

there is an award on my blog for you!

Josh & Joni said...

Whoo!! How exciting :) Good job Ally! I know a little girl at our house who will want to follow in your footsteps!

Laura said...

AWESOME! We got Magei's done about 4 weeks ago. I have never said anything to her about it, but one of her friends got it done...I'm telling her the whole time how bad it hurts, but she still went through with it. AND, we also got the cute ladybug earrings! It's been a month and she is still excited about it. She prays every night telling Jesus how happy she is that she got her ears pierced.

Hartley Family said...

Ohhh- she is so cute! Good for her. That's a big milestone in a little girl's life! My husband wanted to pierce Jezelle's ears when she was a baby and I just couldn't do it- so I'm sure we'll be dealing with the same thing in a few years!!!

Sherelle said...

CUTE! I love the fear in the first photo! My two (almost 3) year old keeps asking me over and over to get her ears pierced, but she has no idea what pain it entails! Glad she made it through okay!

Andreaspon said...

So Cute! This reminds me so much of my daughter Kylee's ear piercing experience...fun times! Your family is so beautiful and I am so envious of you living in Arizona, I am NOT looking forward to another COLD, snowy Idaho winter!

Andrea (Cummings) Sponenburgh

derrickandlisadye said...

Ally you are so brave!! Way to go!! Hallie wants her ears pierced too but I told her it might hurt. She hasn't pushed it much since then. You look so beautiful Ally!!

Brizzee said...

Oh my heck. Look at this preteen already. Rachel are you dying to have her so grown-up already? You guys look like you have so much fun together. I am already excited to share grown up girl things with Paige. How fun.

Brittney said...

her face breaks my heart in that first picture. It is always hard to pierce little people ears. I worked with a woman that refused to do it at all. As much as I want to pierce Scarlett's ears as soon as she gets here, it is better to wait. Their little heads and ears grow so much, they can end up totally crooked later and have to be redone anyway.
Congrats Ally, I still wear my ladybug earings!

Shelly Elizondo said...

What a cuttie! My girls are blogging with me tonight and they are very excited for her as well. ID Allie Rachelle is excited to know that there is a AZ Ally Rachel! We will have to get them together someday.

Jake and Megan said...

Good job Ally! Mallory is really wanting to get hers too! I was 18 when I got mine and I was really scared too! You are such a cute girl!

Mama J said...

Aww that is so cute! She is one brave girl, I cant wait to see pictures of the Lady bug earings!

emily, etc, etc said...

Lily and I want to get hers done so badly - but Scott is being a poop about it. He tells me we come from different cultures and here in America little girls don't have their ears pierced young. Hello, I am an American!!! Apparently since my mother had ours done as infants and she is Argentine then we are at a cultural loss with eachother... you are proof that REAL Americans let their little girls get their ears pierced. Thanks for the post - I hope it helps...

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah M Eden said...

Tell Ally that I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 28 years old because I was too nervous to do it. I finally got mine done but made my sisters go with me and asked the ladies who pierced the (and yes they did both at once because I was too chicken) if I could hold the teddy bear. But I am so glad I did - lots of cute earrings out there!!
Good job Ally!