Last night Jonathan went to play volleyball at our church building (although he shouldn't have with a torn ACL). We all decided to go and watch since we had nothing better to do..like pack for Idaho :). We were sitting on the sidelines and Ally noticed a little girl about her age sitting over a ways by herself. Ally asked me if she could go and talk to her and make a new friend. I of course told her that she could knowing that it always takes a little extra bravery for Ally to step out of her comfort zone. Ally asked Isaac if he wanted to go make a new friend also since there was a little boy about his age. So over they walked. I watched as Ally smiled and kind of crouched down to where the girl was sitting. I see the little girl's mouth seem to say, "These are all mine" as she swiped everything around her in closer. Then I see Ally smile and a few more words exchanged. I then see the little boy talking to Isaac and watch as Isaac hangs his head like he is sad and Ally gives him a hug. I yelled for the two of them to come back to me. Here is our coversation:
Me: Was that little girl rude? (What I really wanted to say was..Is that girl an icredible BRAT who needs her mouth washed out with soap and hard spanking?-but I didn't)
Ally: Well, she was kind-of nice because when I smiled at her, she smiled at me.
Me: Did she say, "These are all mine!"?
Ally: Yeah, she said that we can't touch any of her stuff.
Me: Oh, so what did you say?
Ally: I asked her if she wanted to be friends with me.
Me: Well, what did she say?
Ally: She said, "No, I already have friends!"
Me: (Clinching my fists and looking around for who on earth the mother could be of this insanely RUDE child!) Well, you should have said, "That is rude and if you behave like that no one will want to be your friend!". Isaac, what happened to you?
Isaac: That little boy says he likes pirates more than me!
Me: Well, that was rude-I'm sorry!
Ally: Those kids were acting like bullies.
Me: Yes they were and if I was their mom, I would wash their mouths out with soap.
Ally: I knew you would! They just probably act that way because someone acted that way to them. If we are nice to them, then they will turn nice.
Me: (Trying not to ball my eyes out) You are right!
Lesson Learned: You can learn a lot more than just eating habits from a 6yr. old!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
those little cuties!
Ally is an angel! Seriously. I wish we lived close to you guys so Kaylee could hang with her all the time and just soak it all up!!! I can guess where she learned it from, though. :)
Cutest thing I've heard all week!
Sweet little kids! You guys are doing the right things.
Darn little bullies! I'm sad they hurt your kids' feelings. But what a big girl thinking of the other kids, that Ally.
Your kids are sweet. I love the innocence of little children. You are doing a great job!
it's so true, the lessons we learn...pretty amazing and one of my favorite parts about being a mom...your kids always help you remember the good in situations. i luv life lesson...thanks for sharing, luv cami
that is an adorable story!!! Sometimes I get sad that my baby is going up so fast but then I read your blog and realize how fun it will be to learn things from her as she gets older too!!!
Good Story! could be in the "Friend".
You are hilarious! I love your responses in parenthases. Ally is such a sweety!
Are you trying to make me cry! Ally has one of the sweetest spirits in the world. I think we could all try to be a little more like her.
Post a Comment