.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Monday was Isaac's first day of preschool...and without a doubt, he LOVED it!!! He's watched Ally go off to her "first day of school" for 3 years now and he was beyond thrilled that it was finally his turn. He got right up and put on his bran new clothes (getting a boy ready for school is SO much simpler than getting a little girl ready, ate his favorite breakfast (German pancakes***side note***Whenever we watch the Olympics he always wants Germany to win because he says he loves German pancakes so much), grabbed his new dinosaur backpack and we were off! We'll be carpooling with two other families that live close by, but of course I drove him on the first day. When I went to pick him up and he walked out the door he looked at me kind-of funny and would really come over to me. When I finally said, "Isaac, come here and tell me how your day was!", he hung his head and came over to me with tears in his eyes. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "I didn't think you were coming to pick me up, I wanted to go home with someone else"! Apparently he missed the fact that I would be driving him AND picking him up and he was so disappointed to see me. Luckily my friend Katie, who's little girl is in his class, said she would bring him home for me (thanks, Katie!). What a funny and independent little boy! I was worried about Austin being sad to leave Isaac, but he did just fine. He insisted on wearing his backpack the entire day and I think loved being the oldest one home!

13 comments:
oh my rachel! your boys are SO CUTE! what a big boy isaac is! PRESCHOOL!? and i love that little note about germany. how funny!
and austin looks so adorable with his little backpack on.
man! i just want to pinch their tan little cheeks! TOO CUTE!
We are so excited for him. I wish you would post the pictures of him when he had to say goodbye to Ally when she went to her first day and this one-it really does show how long he has waited for this day. I cannot believe how big he is. We love you Isaac and can't wait to hear about school:)
How fun. What a big boy he is. That is so hillarious that he thought he was going home with some else. He is going to have no problems being away form his house!!! What a cute little boy.
that is too funny because we had german pancakes too (we call them puff pancake though) Reeslyn got to pick what she wanted for breakfast and she was shocked after she said she wanted puff pancake and I said "ok" (she asks for it every morning!!!) Reeslyn told me that her and Isaac are in the same group together, how fun!
Hi Rachel!!! Thanks for leaving me a comment...I'm glad to see you have a blog! Your family is adorable...and your daughter looks just like you! I hope all is well in Arizona! Even though I technically don't take photos, I would love to take your family's sometime!
We were so excited to see that Ziggy ready for pre-school. And Austin in his back pack, too. So sweet!!!
So cute! We love german pancakes at our house too. So funny that he wanted to go home with someone else. That cracked me up!
Isaac - you're a stud!!
Wow! You have been busy since I last read your blog. Sounds like you are having lot's fun. Having kids back in school is so bitter sweet.
He is so big... Colin will be in presschool next year and I'm already nervous... How fun for Issac he will love it. I love those big beautiful eyes!
Can you believe our kids are getting this old? I am sorry we missed you guys. I know it is next to impossible to meet up when you are here for such a short time and you have so much family to see plus the mix of Dave's crazy schedule. I am surprised we didn't see you at one of the places you went to because I swear we just did all those things in the last few weeks. Hopefully we can see you guys someday.
Isaac is so funny. That's cute about Germany and I'm glad he likes preschool. It's so exciting to watch our kids grow and do new things!
How funny that he didn't want you to pick him up! Little boys crack me up! Corban will start preschool in September! I can't believe it!
Post a Comment