Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Addicted to Infomercials!
No, not me.....Ally!! She is hilarious and completely thinks we should buy everything on every infomercial that she sees. The other day she came in to me and said, "Mom, do you ever have to dig and dump?". I could not figure out what she was talking about and she kept asking me. I then thought she was talking about people who look in dumpsters for things or something, so I started going into a big explanation about how some people look in the dump to reuse things. "No!", she said, "Do you ever have to dig and dump in your purse, like when you can't find your phone or something?". I then started to laugh at my total misconstruing the conversation, "Yes, I guess sometimes I do." She then pulled out a phone number from behind her back that she had written down and told me that there was a very cool purse that had lots of pockets so I could be more organized. I thought I would die laughing-but of course I didn't want her to feel silly because I thought it was so cute...she should be on the commercial. Now, this is not the first time I've gotten numbers from Ally from infomercials, in fact I've gotten numbers about a number of things-cake decorating kits, moonsand, a little voice recorder...on and on. This girl is a salesman's dream. Maybe that is why she is such an easy child...she really never questions anything I say and does whatever I ask because she just thinks that if I tell her to do something-it must be right. I'm hoping she won't always believe everything just anybody tells her-but for right now-I'll take it! She is so funny and sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Too Funny!! I just about died laughing... Ally is so adorable!
Oh, that was so funny! I laughed out loud because Alyssa used to do the same thing. She used to have the one memorized about the no-spill pancake flipper thing. They are just so trusting and innocent at that age. I love it. Let's you know how serious it is to teach them the important stuff while you still can! :)
Oh hey Rachel! I totally remember you guys! We had Ally in nursery with us! She is so adorable! I can't believe how big she is now! How time flies! I'm glad you found us! You have such a beautiful family! Rexburg is sooooo cold! I can't believe I live here!
Congrats on the new baby fetus in your tummy! That is fun! Its good to hear from you guys. We miss Glenn Lakes! :( But everything is good with us! Keep in touch!
That's so cute. She is such a sweetheart. I love how she used the sales pitch from the commercial and everything. Just don't give her a credit card.
She is funny. You better make sure you never leave your credit card around, otherwise you might be owning a dig in the dump!!
that is hilarious!!! I think you should buy the purse!
How adorable that she takes the time to write down all those numbers! What a thoughtful little thing!
I have a purse with lots of pockets and I still have to "dig and dump". Have Ally get my the number. Granny Sue
That is so funny. Isn't it amazing what kids pick up and how much they understand? I think we highly underestimate them!!
That is so funny! It amazing what fast they catch on. She is at such a fun age!
I still get suck into the informercials. It's great that you are documenting these memories. She will look back and laugh someday.
Do you ever dig and dump?!?! I luv it - that is so classic it should go down in the record books for sure! life's little (comicla momments!)! Cami
Isn't it scary how quickly they buy into what they see on TV? But how sweet that she wanted to get something for you. You have the sweetest kids!
A girl after my own heart! Josh says the same thing about me being a marketer's dream! You'll have to pass on any good "finds" she tells you about :)
I'm with Ally. I also love infomercials. I even have been known to buy a few things in the middle of the night, like a magic bullet, which I love!!!! I even bought an album from an infomercial when I was 12 years old. Betsy even went halfsies with me. It had a song by Shawn Cassidy. (This is my first comment! Hopefully not my last!)
Post a Comment