Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Apple Dumplings with Bumpa and Granny




A few weeks ago Jonathan's parents came to visit for one last trip before they head off on their mission to Scotland. They were a ton of help since I've been so sick and the kids had SUCH a fun time. Bumpa Brett made his famous apple dumplings fresh from the apples off of their tree in Idaho-yumm!~ It was so fun to have them and Isaac asks about every day since they left if Granny and Bumpa are coming. Luckily we will be there for Thanksgiving which will be a happy/sad time since they leave the Monday after.

9 comments:

becky ward said...

Ohh! That sounds so yummy! How fun that they were able to come and see you before they head out. We are so proud and excited for Uncle Brett and Aunt Sue! They will be great missionaries.

russandkatie said...

grandparents are the best!!! My mom is coming Friday, I can't wait. That picture of Austin is so cute!

Laura said...

apple dumplings sound so yummy!! I love it that your kids are wearing shorts and I am in a turtle neck sweater right now! :)

Odelsa said...

I love Jon's parents they are so funny! I'm glad you guys had a good time and that they were able to come and help you. I'm exited to see you this month, I'll call Holly and see if we can all get together.

The Manwarings said...

Oh, how sweet. I always wished that we lived far away so our parents would have to come visit us for days at a time. And Brett's apple dumplings, what a treat. I hope you ate a year and a half's worth.

Elena said...

How fun to have Brett and Sue come! I still remember the apple dumplings from FHE last year at their house. Mmmmm... It will be so neat to see pictures from Scotland in just a short while. Hopefully we'll run into you guys while you're here for the holiday!

The Mathews Family said...

I'm sure it was bitter sweet. Sounds delicious, though! They seem too young for a mission!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

That's awesome they are going to Scotland...I'm glad they could get one last visit in with you guys! Looks like you had a great time, I'm sure your kidos will really miss them while they are gone! Hope you are feeling a tinch better...hang in there - you really are amazing! Luv Cami

Shelly and Ken said...

Love visits from the Grandparents!! How fun you got to spend a little time with them before they take off. Hope you start feeling better soon. That morning sickness is the worse, especially with other kids that need to be taken care off.