Even after having lived in Idaho most of our lives...we've never seen a storm like this one!! Jonathan was at work and I had just gotten home from picking up the kids from school when it started to rain. Quickly the rain turned to hail...which was only the second time I had seen hail in Arizona, the first of which was earlier that day. I called the kids to come watch the storm brew. We were all oooooh and ahhhhing at the hail and the craziness of how hard it was coming down. In what seemed like a few seconds the hail went from pea size to golf ball size ice chunks. The wind was blowing like CRAZY and the hail was pounding against the windows SOOO hard. It really sounded like all of our windows would break so I rushed the kids into the bathroom where there aren't any windows. We waited for a few minutes and came out to find all windows intact. We looked outside and couldn't believe the destruction...the ground was covered in leaves and sticks and of course hail. We quickly learned that we were lucky and that most of our neighbors windows did in fact break. Through it all we only needed a new roof, ac unit and new patio furniture...WOW what a storm! It was a crazy few days in the neighborhood as no one really knew where to start. Luckily it's all cleaned up and back to normal! I wish I had taken more pictures, but luckily Jonathan managed some on his phone!


2 comments:
WOW! that was quite a storm. i can't believe those big balls of hail. i don't do well with storms like that. i'm such a scaredy cat!
ps welcome back to the blogging world!
Post a Comment