Thursday, June 5, 2008

Isabel's Blessing




We blessed Isabel on Sunday. It was a beautiful day for such a sweet baby girl! Jonathan was coming off the night shift and although he had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before-he did an amazing job (as always). I always love the day of my children's blessings. I love to listen to the blessings of happiness and peace that are given to them. Isabel was so sweet and calm (she always is) and was wide awake for the whole blessing. We were so glad that Jonathan's 2 sisters, Monicka and Betsy were here with their kids-they always make things so much fun! Jess, Brad and Tanner also came which we were also so glad about. We'll be excited to go to Tanner's blessing this coming Sunday-it's so fun to have these babies so close.

A little about Isabel...She honestly is the nicest baby I have ever seen! She just has such a calm, sweetness about her that is so apparent. When she is awake she is so nice and as you talk to her she is already starting to pull little smiles. If I need to sit her down she's perfectly content to sit in her bouncy chair of swing. She also let's her sister and 2 brothers hold and kiss her as much as they want without even protesting. When she's tired, all I have to do is lay her in her bassinet and she'll usually just put herself to sleep. She also takes a binky and a bottle-which we are both very thrilled about. I'm truly not bragging because I know that it has nothing to do with anything I've done. I have never, ever had such an easy baby! I think that #4 just had to be easy-not that the other's are hard by any means-but 4 kids-WOW! I am so in love with this baby. She brings so much to our family and adds so much to our home. We are so excited to watch her grow and develop!

12 comments:

Elena said...

You all are just the most beautiful family ever! I'm so glad your little Issie is a sweetheart. It sure makes things easier when you get a nice baby.

Leslie and Dave said...

What a good looking family. And might I add, you look way too good for just having a baby!

Laura said...

beautiful family!

becky ward said...

i wouldn't have expected anything different from one of your kids! i am so glad she is such a content little thing. and how fun that some family from idaho made it to the blessing. beautiful family!

Josh & Joni said...

Congratulations! I wish we could've been there for the special day! Blessing day is one of my absolute favorite days as well. We are so blessed to belong to such a wonderful church & to have husbands who hold the priesthood! Isabel looks so sweet :)

Nicholas and Ashley said...

I too wish we could have been there we should have plannedit better. Isabel looked so beautiful, not to mention the whole family. What a great day.

russandkatie said...

between you and Kena I'm almost convinced to have a 4th (but not yet so keep trying) :)

It was so fun seeing her today but I wished I could have held her more!!!

Odelsa said...

Babies are so sweet. Having a little one in the home brings a really special spirit. My sister in law said it best "Babies are so special, they are rare". I agree, what a wonderful time in your life...Enjoy it.

Brett & Sue said...

You all look beautiful. We loved seeing you all on the web-cam the day of the blessing.

Kami Banks said...

I am so glad the blessing was nice. She looks beautiful and so do you. You have such a nice looking family. I am so impressed that Jon could do a blessing and all that after a night of call. Brett is always so tired when he get homefrom call. I am so happy everything is going well with Isabel. Loves

Jess said...

We loved going to the blessing and we are witnesses that Isabel truly is a perfect little baby...

derrickandlisadye said...

I love the family pic. You guys are all so adorable. I too love baby blessings. The baby is always so beautifully dressed in white. It is a sweet spirit these little ones bring into our lives. We are glad you are all doing so well. I'm glad Isabel is an easy baby. Four kids is just amazing. I hope someday we will be able to have and handle that many kids. Take care!!!