Monday, April 28, 2008

Fairy Frenzie


Well, we've finished the 2nd of the 3 birthday parties-only 1 to go this Saturday. Ally's "Fairy" birthday party was this Saturday and was a success-I'm not sure any 6 year old birthday party could fail-it's always magical for them! All the little girls came dressed as fairies and earned their wings by jumping Lilly pads and water lilies. The boys became fairy kings-I couldn't come up with anything better but they didn't seem to care one bit! We painted faces, decorated wands, ate "fairy" food, and opened presents. It was a super fun day!!



12 comments:

Brett & Sue said...

What a fun "Fairy" birthday party, Ally. The decorations,dresses,food,and cake are magical....Jonnie and Rachel..all your parties are over in almost the same month...what good planning..

Laura said...

love it! can i copy that idea for magei's next birthday party? also, can i have it at your house where it's nice and warm in february!!?

Laura said...

Oh, one more thing...where did you get the fairy cupcake toppers? can you post that?

becky ward said...

looks and sounds adorable!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Laura,
The dollar store has EVERYTHING!! I just start shopping a year in advance to get the deals :). And yes..you can come in February!

Elena said...

So cute! I lvoe the face painting. I am sure they loved it, Fairy Kings and all. Sounds like it went over great. Now I can't wait to hear about the next party!!

Manwaring Family said...

Actually, isn't there TWO parties left ... the one on May 12th :) We wish we could've been there for Ally's party - how fun!! Morgan would've loved it!

Brittney said...

Rachel, I feel like I have gotten to know you so much better since I found your blog. We were in the ward such a short time, it was hard to get to know anyone.
I love reading your blog, I know this sounds cheesy but your family glows. You ooze happiness. We look forward to moving back to ARizona and hope that we will have a chance to be better friends. With my family so little and just starting out, you are a perfect example of what to work towards. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Odelsa said...

Ally's party looked so fun! The fairy cupcakes looked magical, what a lucky girl. Rachel, you always dress her so cute.

JandK Manwaring Family said...

You always do such fun parties. i was just thinking that i know how you feel...I had Lucy's b-day, SAMI born, Gracie's b-day, and several holidays and recitals all packed very close together. It is such a relief when you finally just get to relax and enjoy the baby :)

russandkatie said...

so cute (as always) Reeslyn loved the party, thanks for inviting her! We'll see you tomorrow for Isaac (Reeslyn is very excited to give him his present)

Anonymous said...

What a fun party. Ally is such a beautiful girl. I got all caught up on your post. I can't believe Jon gets a whole month off in May. What a blessing. I hope everything goes well this week. I will keep checking your blog.